Sunday, August 9, 2009

The other side of grace

So you read the last blog on grace and thought, “That’s nice, but I’m on the other side of this equation. I’m in need of someone extending grace to me! The weight of my failures burdens me down. The shame and guilt of my sins, past and present, are like chains around my neck, choking the life out of me.” Good news! There is someone who can identify with you in every way. His name is Jesus. Yes, you know Him already, but have you REALLY thought through the full implications of it all.

Even though he never sinned he bore the weight of sin, experienced the condemnation that we all have felt at times, whether brought on by someone else or simply from our own internal struggle. We may lock our shame and guilt deep within us so that no one will know or we wear it on our sleeve. Either way it can be crushing, seemingly inescapable.

Jesus EXPERIENCED all of these condemnations. He UNDERSTANDS the feelings you have. He can IDENTIFY will you. He again FULFILLS the justice requirement on your behalf. All you have to do is REPENT from your sin; to turn away from it. Then, with a sincere heart, ask God to forgive you and he will. You may not be shown grace by men, but you will be shown a much greater grace, God’s. His is healing, peace, and a deep satisfying relationship that will overflow in you. God is love. He heals all wounds.

In the Bible it says that Jesus was despised by many, have you felt this way? He was stalked, conspired and plotted against. The Pharisees and Sadducees sought to trap him at every turn. They wanted him defeated, found guilty. Have you felt this way? He was forsaken, betrayed, deserted, disowned, unwanted, unloved, and we esteemed him not.

You feel alone in your sin, rejected, unloved and maybe even unworthy of redemption. Jesus knows how you feel. He understands what you are going through. He cares deeply about you and wants you to share your burden with him, lay it at his feet. “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light.” Matthew 11:28:30

He is enough. Whether you are the offended or offender, He is enough. His grace covers it all. If you are lonely, sad, depressed, angry, bitter, feel stressed, anxious, panicked, worried, unloved, unaccepted, condemned or even when all hope is gone; He is enough. Friend, I don’t know where you are and I don’t know where you’ve been. Maybe you’re fighting for your life or just about to throw the towel in, but if you’re crying out for mercy, if there’s no hope left at all.
If you’ve given everything you’ve got and you’re still about to fall, well hold on! All of these things can be resolved through Him. Some may take a deeper road of understanding to make you whole again, but He is enough.

If you need help, getting to a deeper understanding on any of these road blocks, I would be more than glad to help you. We can sit down together or talk on the phone and I will share with you all that I have learned, everything I know to be true. There is a way, there is resolution. All I ask and all the He asks for is an open heart, a sincere heart. Email me at wheelergroup@gmail.com if you feel compelled to. Call if you like; my cell is 317-652-8411. If I am available at any hour I will answer. If not, leave a message and I WILL call you back. I’ve taken up cooking lately and I enjoy it greatly. I’ll even cook you a meal if you like. I can also point you to the person who has counseled and mentored me if you would feel more comfortable. Just reach out and you will find what you are searching for.

Jesus is very fond of you and so am I,
Brian

Scripture references
Isaiah 53:3-11
Matthew 12:1-14; 26:62-68; 27:15-26
John 15:18
1 Peter 5:7

Always by Building 429 - I absolutely love this song and its message
The offical video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6LTfueFPpM

I was standing in the pouring rain one dark November night
Fighting off the bitter cold when she caught my eye
Her face was taught and her eyes were filled, and to my surprise
She pulled out a photograph and my heart just stopped inside
She said, “He would’ve been three today
I miss his smile, I miss his face”
What was I supposed to say, but

(CHORUS)
I believe always, always
Our Savior never fails
Even when all hope is gone
God knows our pain and his promise remains
He will be with you always

He was living in a broken world, dreaming of a home
His heart was barely keeping pace when I found him all alone
Remembering the way he felt when his daddy said goodbye
Fighting just to keep the tears and the anger locked inside
He’s barely holding onto faith
But deliverance is on its way, cause

CHORUS

Friend, I don’t know where you are and I don’t know where you’ve been
Maybe you’re fighting for your life or just about to throw the towel in
But if you’re crying out for mercy, if there’s no hope left at all
If you’ve given everything you’ve got and you’re still about to fall
Well hold on, hold on, hold on, cause

CHORUS

1 comment:

  1. Where would we be without that grace! Keep on hanging on to the Lord.

    Matt O

    ReplyDelete