Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bring the Rain - June 2, 2009

Dear Friends & Family,
Today was a rough day. Everything that could possibly go wrong seemingly did. My heart ached deeper for my wife more than ever before. I wept. This evening I played ultimate Frisbee at Avon park with friends. A storm was brewing and the rain began to pour out on us. What a finish to the day, but not in the way you would think. The rain felt like the Father’s tears showering down on me; tears of sorrow, tears of joy and tears of love all at the same time. I stretched my arms out to the heavens and all I could do is smile and raise up face to receive his gift of cleansing water. How mysterious our His ways to comfort us to free us from our hurt and sorrows.

Today’s song has a double application as I can’t help but cry out to the Lord and my bride through its message. God is pulling me closer every day, at the same time he increases my burden and love for Jessica to the point that it is almost physically painful. I am deep in love with my Lord and my wife.

Please continue to lift our family up in your prayers. Pray for softened hearts, spiritual protection, for the Spirit to stir in Jessica’s heart, for His will to be done. Continue to reach out to Jessica in love. She needs to feel the churches love surround her.

Deep in love with you – Michael W. Smith (download it if you can. It will bring you to tears)

Sitting at Your feet is where I want to be
I'm home when I am here with You
Ruined by Your grace, enamored by Your gaze
I can't resist the tenderness in You

I'm deep in love with You, Abba Father
I'm deep in love with You, Lord
My heart, it beats for You, precious Jesus
I'm deep in love with You Lord

Humbled and amazed that You would call my name
I never have to search again
There's a deep desire that's burning like a fire
To know You as my closest friend

Lord, my redeemer,
Your blood runs through my veins
My love for You is deeper than it was yesterday
I enter through the curtain, parted by Your grace
Oh, Your the lover of my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment