Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Moving Day - May 16, 2009

Dear friends and family,
Well, today is move out day. My stomach is in knots and my heart aches profusely for my wife. Is it too much to ask that I only want to grow old with her? To love and cherish her till the day I die, so that I may give everything of myself to her alone. I know that I must endure this trial and that God would not give me any more than I can handle, but right now I feel like I'm going to buckle under the weight of it all.
Thank you for all of your prayers and encouragement. They have made an impact on me and I see it at times in Jessica. Please continue to prayer for brokenness, a softened heart, wisdom, discernment and a shield around us. Some of you have offered up hope of a new life for myself and the kids and I thank you for your intentions. In the book of Hosea, in the old testament, Hosea's his wife Gomer strays from him for many years and into many awful situations. Years later God calls Hosea to “Go, show your love to your wife again...Love her as the Lord loves the Isrealites.” So it was that Hosea rescued his wife from a horrible place and restored their love for one another.
It is my prayer that God would grant me such a day. Until then or the Lord takes my heart in a new direction I pray to remain steadfast in my love for her, in patience, grace, and in the strength of endurance. Please pray that for me as well.

Today's song of praise and reflection, “If you want me to,” Ginny Owens.

The pathway is broken
And the signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why you brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I will go through the valley If You want me to

CHORUS:
Now I'm not who I was When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
So if all of these trials bring me closer to You
I will go through the fire If You want me to

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my own
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'll never go alone

So when the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through
And I will go through the valley If You want me to



Last thing, if there are a couple guys out there that feel like they know us well enough to come help us move (I mean wouldn't be weird or awkward for you to be here with Jessica) I would be grateful for your help. We will start a little after noon due to the kids' soccer games. Please let me know by facebook or call me.
Love in Christ,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment