Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Encouragement to you May 24,2009

Dear Church,
I hesitated sending this message to you in concern that it might be taken the wrong way. After today’s sermon I am certain this message was placed on my heart to share with you. So I must ask of you, are we not the body of Christ? For whatever we do for the least of these do we not do it for Him. Many are angered and have high emotions by the experience my family is enduring. It is ok to be angry and upset, but it is easy to let that anger turn into bitterness, malice and yes, forms of hatred.

Many of you have asked me what you can do for us outside of prayer, how you can help. I thank you for that outpouring of love and affection, I really do. The question then is this, are you doing the same for my bride? Is she experiencing an outpouring of love, care and concern? Are we not to love the sinner, but hate the sin? How many times does the church get accused of being full of hypocrites sitting around in idle gossip. Yes, we are hypocrites at times just as we too are sinners. It is the easy route to get caught up in our anger and emotions and justify our one sided behavior favored towards the person that appears innocent. What would Jesus have done? Not condoned the behavior I am sure nor enabled the person to continue in their sin, but at the same time shown great compassion and love.

It is not my intention to scold or chastise anyone and I hope you do not take this message in that manner. I want to encourage you to reach beyond your initial emotions, surrender them to God, lay them at His feet and replace those feelings with the fruit of the Spirit. I am not some “holier than though” good guy that has this all figured out. Daily I struggle with these emotions. Daily I have to give them to God and cry out His name. Daily I weep over my wife, our children and my marriage. I just believe that in being the body of Christ for Jessica you will find healing for yourself if you need it. I know I have. I also believe it will bring her one step closer to living in His presence one again. What a marvelous way for our Creator to design us, that by helping others, broken sinful people, we too are made whole. It truly is AMAZING grace!

If you are in a position of response to this in Jessica’s life, her friend, a church mate, fellow mother who she occasions to hang with, whatever the case may be…if you would normally reach out to her in a trial she is facing, please do. She needs you now more than ever. I know it may feel like a lot to ask and perhaps even a bitter pill to swallow depending on your current state of emotions. Remember one thing for me, I am not the one asking really, but you already knew that deep down didn’t you.
With Sincere Love,
Brian

P.S. Her voice mail is not set up on her cell, but she does receive text messages. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment